圣彼得堡冬宫博物馆 The Winter Palace Hermitage Museum

圣彼得堡冬宫博物馆 The Winter Palace (Зи́мний дворе́ц) Hermitage Museum

圣彼得堡冬宫博物馆

冬宫是俄罗斯著名的皇宫,同时也是世界上最大最古老的博物馆之一。该宫由著名的建筑师拉斯特雷利设计。正如人类历史上其它著名的宫殿一样,该宫殿自从建成以来一直备受劫难。

冬宫初建于1754至1762年间,1837年被大火焚毁,1838至1839年间重建,第二次世界大战期间再次遭到破坏,战后被精心修复。宫殿共有三层,长约230米,宽140米,高22米,成封闭式长方形,占地9万平方米,建筑面积超过4.6万平方米。冬宫的四面各具特色,但内部设计和装饰风格则严格统一。四角形的建筑宫殿里面有内院,三个方向分别朝向皇宫广场、海军指挥部、涅瓦河,第四面连接小埃尔米塔日宫殿。面向冬宫广场的一面,中央稍突出,有三道拱形铁门,入口处有阿特拉斯巨神群像。冬宫四周有两排柱廊,雄伟壮观。宫殿装饰华丽,许多大厅用俄国宝石——孔雀石,碧玉,玛瑙制品装饰,如孔雀大厅就用了2吨孔雀石,拼花地板用了9重贵重木材。埃尔米塔日是圣彼得堡最大的、最有特色的巴洛克风格建筑物。其完整性与华丽程度都令人印象深刻,装潢丰富,窗上饰框及浮雕装饰给人以力量,圆柱有规律的排列,墙表面由白色、绿色相间配合,使长长的外观形形色色,生动起来。1917年2月前,冬宫一直是沙皇的宫邸,十月革命后,将原来官廷房舍和整个冬宫拨给艾尔米塔什,1922年正式建立国立艾尔米塔什博物馆,冬宫成为博物馆的一部分。1946年冬宫表面涂成起初的蓝宝石颜色。

The Winter Palace (Russian: Зи́мний дворе́ц) in Saint Petersburg, Russia, was, from 1732 to 1917, the official residence of the Russian monarchs. Situated between the Palace Embankment and the Palace Square, adjacent to the site of Peter the Great’s original Winter Palace, the present and fourth Winter Palace was built and altered almost continuously between the late 1730s and 1837, when it was severely damaged by fire and immediately rebuilt. The storming of the palace in 1917 as depicted in Soviet paintings and Eisenstein’s 1927 film October became an iconic symbol of the Russian Revolution.

The palace was constructed on a monumental scale that was intended to reflect the might and power of Imperial Russia. From the palace, the Tsar[2] ruled over 22,400,000 square kilometres (8,600,000 sq mi) (almost 1/6 of the Earth’s landmass) and over 125 million subjects by the end of the 19th century. It was designed by many architects, most notably Bartolomeo Rastrelli, in what came to be known as the Elizabethan Baroque style. The green-and-white palace has the shape of an elongated rectangle, and its principal façade is 250 m long and 100 ft (30 m) high. The Winter Palace has been calculated to contain 1,786 doors, 1,945 windows, 1,500 rooms and 117 staircases. The rebuilding of 1837 left the exterior unchanged, but large parts of the interior were redesigned in a variety of tastes and styles, leading the palace to be described as a “19th-century palace inspired by a model in Rococo style.”

In 1905, the Bloody Sunday massacre occurred when demonstrators marched toward the Winter Palace, but by this time the Imperial Family had chosen to live in the more secure and secluded Alexander Palace at Tsarskoe Selo, and returned to the Winter Palace only for the most formal and rarest state occasions. Following the February Revolution of 1917, the palace was for a short time the seat of the Russian Provisional Government, led by Alexander Kerensky. Later that same year, the palace was stormed by a detachment of Red Army soldiers and sailors—a defining moment in the birth of the Soviet state. On a less glorious note, the month-long looting of the palace’s wine cellars during this troubled period led to what has been described as “the greatest hangover in history”. Today, the restored palace forms part of the complex of buildings housing the Hermitage Museum.

Leave a Reply